In November of 2006 I had an interview and I got offered a position in the research department of arts and media. One of the first things that we changed with the supervisor team in January of 2007 was the proposed research topic of the Phd.
The modified research topic is the following:
"How has Western (European and North American) animation been influenced by Eastern European and Japanese traditions of animation since 1995?"
After my first meeting with Nigel(my supervisor)we discussed about the topic and how my research can progress. The problem that we are facing with the topic is that it's purely theoritical and in the future it might be proven to be dry for an artist. So we are thinking the option to change it in half theoritical and half practical project. Nigel was very helpful to give me permission to attend the Master classes. The advantage I can take of it can be in 3 ways. Firtsly I gain more knoweledge from the guests and the tutors, that it can be useful to my research. Also I learn how the tutors and the guests teach, this is also interesting because one day I am targeting be in their shoes and give lessons myself to the students. In the end I have the chance to meet my supervisors and plan my research more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment